Shrek’s Scotch Eggs with Colcannon
- 400 g beef sausages
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp Select Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 hard boiled Homebrand eggs & 2 eggs, extra
- 1/2 cup Homebrand plain flour
- 2 Tbsp Homebrand milk & ¼ cup warm milk
- 750 g potatoes, peeled, diced
- 10 g butter
- Homebrand vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 3 rashers Homebrand bacon, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups cups savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- Herbs, to serve
1. Squeeze meat from sausages into a bowl and discard casings. Add chives, sauce, mustard and ¼ cup of breadcrumbs. Season. Mix well.
2. Peel eggs and coat lightly with flour. Whisk extra eggs and milk together in a bowl. Place remaining breadcrumbs into another bowl. Using ¼ of sausage mince for each, form around egg and seal well. Coat with flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Re-coat in egg and breadcrumbs.
3. Place potato into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain. Add butter and milk. Mash until smooth. Season. Cover to keep warm.
4. Heat oil over medium heat. Gently lower eggs into oil and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover to keep warm.
5.m Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium heat for 4 minutes until golden. Add cabbage and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted. Stir into mashed potato. Serve with egg and herbs.
By Dreamworks Heroes