Pork Stir Fry with Rice
- 300 g pork rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 broccoli, cut into florets and blanched
- 100 g snow peas, halved on an angle, blanched
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- pinch of chilli powder to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp sugar
1. To make the dressing: Combine ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chilli powder and sugar in a large bowl and set it aside.
2. Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add oil and when it is shimmering, add pork and cook it for 2 minutes, moving it around the pan all the time. Add onion, broccoli, snow peas and chilli. Combine and continue to cook the stir-fry until the pork is just cooked through.
3. Remove pan from the heat. Place pork and vegetables in a bowl with the dressing and toss to combine. Serve the stir-fry on top of a bed of the rice, garnish with spring onion.
By Brett McGregor