Pan Fried Fish with Lemon and Garlic Couscous
- 6 brussel sprouts
- 240g couscous
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock, hot
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 600g fish fillets, skin off
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 5 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. Take brussel sprouts, cut in half then thinly slice. Place in a colander and rinse thoroughly, allow to drain.
2. Place couscous in a bowl and pour over stock, mix well and cover. Leave for 5 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed, then gently fluff with a fork.
3. Pour 2 Tbsp oil in a pan, cook onion for 2 minutes then add sprouts. Cook for 4 minutes, then add to the couscous, along with 2 Tbsp oil, garlic, lemon zest, juice and capers. Mix well, taste and season.
4. To make the gremolata: mix lemon zest, garlic,parsley and oil together, taste and season. Set aside until ready to serve.
5. Cut fish fillets into four. Season with salt and lemon pepper. Heat butter and remaining oil until bubbling and pop fillets into the pan, make sure you hear the sizzle. Cook until golden (turning only once), for about 4 minutes each side.
6. Serve fish on top of couscous, topped with a spoonful of gremolata and a squeeze of lemon.
By Jax Hamilton