Mixed Seafood Fried Rice
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 500g Mixed Seafood
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 4 cups white rice, cooked and cooled
- ½ broccoli, diced
- 100g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Homebrand frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 spring onion, sliced on an angle
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to De-vein Prawns
1. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Swirl the pan and add egg. Continue to swirl the egg around the pan until it sets. Cook egg until firm, remove from pan and set aside until cool enough to roll. Roll the egg into a cigar shape and slice it into ribbons.
2. Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add remaining oil and when it begins to shimmer, add marinara mix and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add onion to the pan and stir-fry for a minute. Add garlic and carrot. When garlic is just beginning to colour, add rice and toss, breaking up any lumps of rice. Add broccoli, mushrooms and peas. Continue to stir-fry the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add seafood marinara mix back into the frying pan. Add soy and oyster sauces and gently fold through the egg. Season to taste with pepper and garnish with spring onions to serve.
By Brett McGregor