- 650g Quality Mark beef mince
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ Tbsp curry powder
- 1 ¼ cup cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 400g can Homebrand diced tomatoes
- ½ cup Oxo Beef Flavour Stock Cubes
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g carrots
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 30g butter
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Mix together mince, onion, garlic and 1 Tbsp curry powder. Work in the cooked rice, thyme, egg, Worcestershire sauce and half the canned tomatoes.
Mould into a loaf shape and place in a shallow oven-proof dish, or press the mixture into a greased loaf tin. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Stir the remaining tomatoes and curry powder in with the beef stock. When meatloaf has baked for 30 minutes, pour the tomato mixture over the top. Return to the oven and cook a further 20 minutes.
Garnish with remaining tomato mixture and 1 Tbsp parsley. Rest the meatloaf for 5 minutes before carving into thick slices. Serve with steamed broccoli, carrot sticks in butter and 1 Tbsp chopped parsley.
By Beef and Lamb New Zealand