Green Curry with Chicken Meatballs
- 350g minced chicken
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup Homebrand coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp green curry paste
- 1 ½ can Homebrand coconut milk
- 100g Select frozen green beans, sliced into 3cm batons
- 1 cup Homebrand frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli for garnish, sliced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
How to Cook Perfect Rice
1. Using a food processor, process chicken with egg white into a smooth paste. It should ball together in the processor. Shape meat mixture into small golf-ball-size meatballs and set aside.
2. Heat a wok on medium heat for 4 minutes. Add coconut cream and cook until an oil sheen comes to the surface. Stir occasionally to combine, then add the green curry paste. Cook until the room smells fragrant.
3. Add all but 50ml of the coconut milk and combine. Add in the chicken meatballs, beans, fish sauce, sugar and stir. Cook for 10 minutes then add peas and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
4. To serve, top the curry with a few basil leaves, a drizzle of coconut milk and red chilies.
By Brett McGregor