Cheesy Vegetable Bake with Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 rashers shoulder bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 300 ml cream
- 1 kumara, thinly sliced
- 250 g pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 250 g baby carrots
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp butter for greasing
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a medium-sized ovenproof dish.
2. Arrange half of the potato slices in a single layer followed by a little bacon, garlic, cheese and cream. Repeat this process with kumara and pumpkin slices.
3. Add broccoli florets every now and then, seasoning as you go. Add remaining potato slices then pour over the remaining cream and sprinkle over the cheese.
4. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until golden brown.
5. Boil the baby carrots until cooked to your liking, then remove and drain. Coat the carrots in honey and sesame seeds to serve.