Corn Fritters with Feta & Bacon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 400 g canned sweetcorn
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- 100 g feta, crumbled coarsely
- 3 Tbsp fresh coriander, or parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil
- 125 g sour cream
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 50 g salad greens
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced)
2. Put the flour, baking powder, milk and eggs into a bowl and beat until smooth. Add the sweetcorn to the batter with the bacon, feta, coriander, garlic and salt. Mix well.
3. Fry large spoonfuls in moderately hot olive oil until well browned on each side. Place the corn cakes on paper towels, on an ovenproof tray and put in oven for 5 minutes.
4. Mix the sour cream and sweet chilli sauce together. Serve the corn fritters with the sour cream sweet chilli sauce and a green salad with tomatoes and avocado.