- 400 g white fish like Hoki, chopped roughly
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (eg parsley, dill and tarragon) hom
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 egg yolk
- Zest and juice of of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 hardboiled egg, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp gherkin, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked/a>
1. Place fish, spring onions, ¼ cup fresh herbs, chilli flakes, egg yolk, lemon zest, breadcrumbs and sesame seeds into a food processor. Pulse until combined but not too fine.
2. Shape the mixture into four burger patties. Cover and refrigerate until required.
3. Make tartare sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, ¼ cup fresh herbs, chopped egg, capers, gherkin and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Preheat a BBQ or frying pan to a medium heat. Add oil, and then place the burger patties on the hot plate for 4-5 minutes before turning for another 4-5 minutes. Set aside while you warm the hamburger buns.
5. Assemble the burgers and serve with a dollop of tartare, lettuce leaves and tomato.