Spaghetti with Prawns, Chorizo and Cherry Tomatoes
- 300g spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 200 g raw prawns
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Zest ½ lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
How to De-vein Prawns
1. Cook pasta as directed on packet, drain and set aside in a large serving bowl.
2. Gently fry garlic in 2 Tbsp oil over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes, then sprinkle in the chilli flakes, cook for a further minute. Increase heat and add prawns. Toss until the prawns are pink and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add remaining oil and over a medium heat, fry the chorizo. Cook until crispy and golden, remove from heat, add cherry tomatoes and basil and coat in the smoky chorizo mixture.
4. Add chorizo, tomatoes and basil along with the prawns to the cooked pasta. Add lemon zest, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well.
5. Sprinkle with freshly ground Parmesan and eat immediately.