Spicy Pork Burgers with Rice Noodle Salad
- 450 g pork mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 and ½ cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 red chili
- 7.5 g coriander, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 25 g breadcrumbs
- 2-3 Tbsp Select olive oil
- 4 Homebrand hamburger buns
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red onion
- 100 g thin vermicelli noodles
- 50 g peanuts, roughly chopped
How to Use Four Sides of Your Grater
1. To make the burger patties: Put the mince, egg, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, grated zest of 1 lemon and half the juice, ½ red onion finely diced, ½ red chilli halved deseeded and finely chopped, 3.5g coriander finely chopped, ginger and breadcrumbs into a bowl, season and mix well. Shape into four patties. Drizzle over some oil then place onto a medium hot BBQ grill and cook to get a good colour on both sides, then turn down and continue for three to four minutes each side until cooked through.
2. To make the dressing: Mix the juice of half a lemon, sugar, fish sauce, ½ red chili and ½ clove garlic, mashed into a paste in a large bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
3. Place the noodles into another bowl and cover with warm water. When soft, drain and set aside. Mix with the other salad ingredients and 4g coriander, sliced. Toss into the bowl with the dressing.
4. Serve burger patties in a toasted hamburger bun topped with the lettuce, carrot matchsticks and a side of the rice noodle salad.
By Brett McGregor