Beef Koftas with Couscous
- 1/4 cucumber, halved, seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500 g beef mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 250 g couscous, cooked according to packet instructions
How to Chop Herbs
1. Place the onion and garlic in the food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the spices and salt and blitz again. Add the beef mince and breadcrumbs along with 2 tablespoons of chilled water and pulse until a smooth paste. This can be done ahead of time and kept until needed in the fridge.
2. Shape the beef into a cigar shape using hands moistened with water, and thread onto skewers. Barbecue on a clean and oiled flat plate or grill for 4 -5 minutes on each side.
3. To make the dressing: Grate the cucumber and use your hands to squeeze out the excess moisture. Add to the yoghurt along with the coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve with plain couscous, salad and a big dollop of yoghurt dressing.