Pea and Crab Risotto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 tsp chicken stock powder
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 170 g can crab meat
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
How to Chop Herbs
1. In a large saucepan, pour the oil and gently sauté the onion and garlic until, soft, translucent and fragrant, this will take 4-5 minutes
2. Coat the rice with the onion mixture and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
3. Combine the stock powder and boiling water. Stir well.
4. Stir in 1 cup of the hot stock into the rice and onion mixture and cook, stirring over a low heat until all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Continue adding stock in 1 cup batches stirring all the time (put a lot of love into it!). Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is just tender.
6. Add frozen peas and stir well. Cover with lid, reduce the heat and leave for 2 minutes.
7. Remove the lid, add the butter, lemon zest and juice, half the parmesan and crab. Mix well, taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper (remember the parmesan is salty so not too much salt).
8. To serve top with the remaining crab and parmesan and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
By Jax Hamilton