Honey Mustard Chicken Rice Bake
- 2 tbsp olive
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 parsnip
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 carrot
- 1 broccoli
How to Julienne Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Season chicken pieces well.
2. Heat oil in an ovenproof saucepan with a lid, and brown the chicken pieces all over. You may have to do this in batches. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Add parsnip, onion and herbs to pan and sauté with a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes. Place the browned chicken and any juices, back into the pan with the vegetables. Add the mustard and honey and mix well.
4. Mix the stock powder with 500mls of hot water pour over the chicken mixture. Taste and season with salt and black pepper and give it all a good stir.
5. Sprinkle in the rice, cover with lid and place in the oven.
6. Cook for 25 minutes or until the rice is soft and tender. Serve with steamed vegetables
By Jax Hamilton