Ham & Corn Frittata
- 1 tsp butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten with a little milk
- 1/2 cup ham, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 1 large potato, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernals
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Mediterranean Salad
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp olives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
1. To make the frittata: Heat an ovenproof pan over a low heat. Add the butter and tilt the pan to coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the ham, cheese, potatoes and corn to the egg mixture.
3. Pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Place in the oven and grill until golden brown.
5. To make the Mediterranean Salad: Combine chick peas, tomatoes, red onion, olives, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley and thyme in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place into the fridge for at least an hour.
6. Serve the frittata in wedges, sprinkled with parsley and the Mediterranean salad on the side.
By Brett McGregor