- 400 g beef mince
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup risoni, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 jar jar Select pasta sauce
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- salad leaves to serve
- ¼ cucumber, grated
1. Combine the mince, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, mint, lemon zest and oregano. Roll the mixture into small, walnut-sized balls.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the meatballs over a high heat until they are golden brown. Reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
3. While the meatballs are cooking, place the pasta sauce into a small saucepan and warm over a low heat.
4. To make the Tzatziki dressing: place grated cucumber in paper towel to squeeze out any excess moisture, then add to bowl with yoghurt. Mix well.
5. Serve the meatballs with risoni, pasta sauce, salad and a dollop of tzatziki.
By Food magazine