- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 slices bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce, plus extra for topping
- mashed potatoes to serve
- steamed broccoli to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, garlic, carrot and celery together until tender. Sprinkle in the herbs and set aside to cool.
3. In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, mince, egg, cooled cooked vegetables and 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
4. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and divide the mixture between the cups, then smooth the tops with the back of a spoon. You can spread a spot of tomato sauce on top of each one with the spoon before placing them into the oven to bake.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with tomato sauce, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Recipe courtesy of Food Magazine.
By Food Magazine