Chicken and Pasta Bake
- 200 g homebrand penne pasta
- oil for frying
- 400 g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups home brand frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 select pasta sauce jar
- 1 cup grated cheese
- fresh parsley to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until tender. Drain the pasta and transfer it to an ovenproof dish.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Brown chicken until cooked through.
4. Cook the vegetables in the microwave or boiling water until tender.
5. Add chicken and vegetables to pasta and toss to combine.
6. Pour the tomato sauce over the pasta and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
8. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Tip: You can use leftover roast chicken meat or canned tuna in this dish.