- 500g meat for casseroling
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled and thickly sliced
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp homebrand curry powder
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 400g can homebrand diced tomatoes in juice
- cooked rice to serve
- desiccated or shredded coconut for garnishing
In a large lidded frying pan or casserole dish pan fry the onion in a dash of oil. Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and toss for 1-2 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice, peppercorns, tomatoes and 1 cup water (reduce to 1/2 cup if using the slow cooker) and bring to the boil. Add the meat and lower the heat.
Cover and simmer over a very gentle heat for 1 1/2 hours, or in the slow cooker for 5-7 hours on low until tender. Season with salt if wished.
Serve with rice and garnish with coconut.
Recipe courtesy of Beef + Lamb New Zealand.
By Beef + Lamb New Zealand