- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 75 g bacon, diced
- 2 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 800 g Homebrand tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 500ml water
- 1/4 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 400 g Homebrand penne pasta
1. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish. Brown the chicken a few pieces at a time until golden on all sides, Set aside.
2. Turn down the heat and add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside with the chicken.
3. Add the onions and rosemary to the dish and gently cook for 10 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
4. Add the chicken and bacon back to the dish, along with the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, stock and seasoning. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 40-50 minutes until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
5. Stir in the parsley, seasoning to taste and serve with pasta.
By Brett McGregor