Poverty Bay Women's Institute Orange Sauce for Kumara
- 2 kg peeled and cubed kumara (any variety)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Tbsp cornflour
- 1/6 cup brown sugar
- 1/6 cup white sugar
1. Cook the chunky cut cubes of peeled kumara until just cooked but still firm.
2. Stir together the sauce ingredients and cook for 2–3 minutes.
3. Pour orange sauce over and heat slowly for 2 hours in a crock-pot, or bake in a covered casserole dish for 45 minutes at 180°C.
Tip: This sauce is also very good poured over ice cream.