Red Jacket Potato and Tasty Cheddar Soup
- 25 g butter
- 1 medium sized onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 500 g Wilcox red jacket potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 100 g tasty cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 ml cream
- prawns (optional)
- chives (optional)
- paprika (optional)
1. Melt butter in a large pot. Add onions, garlic and cayenne pepper and sweat on low heat for 5 minutes. Add potatoes, 500ml water and stock, turn up heat and bring to the boil.
2. Turn down and simmer for 25 minutes until potatoes are soft when pierced with knife.
3. Stir in the cheese, salt and cream and bring back to a simmer. Remove from heat.
4. Blend in food processor until smooth.
5. To serve, reheat, stirring continually in a heavy based pot.