Mandarin and Mascarpone Tartlettes
- 2 ready rolled sheets of sweet short pastry
- 200 g mascarpone
- 1 tsp finely chopped mandarin zest, 1 Tbsp juice
- 6 seedless mandarins, peeled and sliced into 4 horizontally
- 250 ml apricot jam
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut 6 rounds of pastry big enough to line 6 ten centimetre diameter loose bottomed tart tins. Place a piece of foil over the pastry in each tartelette case and fill with baking beans or rice.
2. Place in the oven and bake blind for 10 minutes or until the pastry is beginning to brown. Remove the foil and beans/rice, place back in the oven and bake for another 7 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool on a rack then remove the cases from the tins.
3. Put the mascarpone in a bowl, add the zest and juice and mix well. Spread a layer of the mascarpone in the bottom of each tartelette case. Cover the mascarpone with a layer of sliced mandarins.
4. Put the jam in a small saucepan, place over moderate heat and stir until melted. Brush the jam liberally over the mandarin slices so there are no gaps. Allow to cool and serve.