Leek and Vegetable Casserole
- 2 medium onions, cut in half and then each half into three
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery sticks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 400g kumara, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1L Gluten Free vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 leeks thickly sliced
- 150g long grain brown rice
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp fresh flat parsley
- Salt to taste
How to Chop Herbs
Preheat oven to 180?. Put onions, carrots, celery and sweet potato in a large frypan, pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
Stir in the garlic, leeks, rice, sage and seasoning and bring back to the boil.
Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and cook for about 1 hour or until the vegetables are just soft, and the rice is tender. Garnish with fresh parsley.