Chicken Breast with Orange Sauce and Spring Onions
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 orange for zest and 100ml juice
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- steamed Jasmine rice for 4
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the chicken, oil, garlic, oregano and zest into a bowl and mix well. Cover and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
2. Heat a frying pan over moderate heat and add the marinated chicken. Panfry the chicken until it is browned all over then place in an ovenproof dish and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, place the frying pan back over moderate heat. Add the wine and let it bubble for 30 seconds. Add the orange juice and stock, bring to the boil and then boil until reduced by half. Stir in the butter and spring onions, simmer 1 minute then taste and season.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven, adding any juice to the sauce in the pan. Slice the chicken across the grain of the meat and serve on steamed Jasmine rice with the sauce over the chicken.