Mushroom and Chicken Risotto
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken breast
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 60 g Parmesan, finely grated
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in an ovenproof dish over medium heat. Add leek, garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to the boil
2. Remove pan from the heat, cover and transfer to the oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until stock is almost absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side until just cooked through. Remove to a board, stand for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
4. Stir the chicken, basil and parmesan into the risotto. Season with pepper and serve.