Thai Red Curry with Pumpkin, Cabbage & Prawns
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into pieces
- 200 g raw prawns, peeled
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- Splash lime juice
- Sliced red chilli to garnish
- 2 cups of steamed rice, to serve
How to De-vein Prawns
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add red curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
2. Add coconut cream, chicken stock and pumpkin.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the pumpkin is almost tender. Add prawns and simmer for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until they begin to change colour.
4. Add cabbage and simmer for a further minute, taking it off the heat while the cabbage is still crisp and bright green. Stir through coriander.
5. To serve, distribute rice and curry between the bowls sprinkled with sliced chilli, extra coriander and lime wedges on the side.