Thai Red Curry with Pumpkin, Cabbage & Prawns
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into pieces
- 200 g raw prawns, peeled
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- Splash lime juice
- Sliced red chilli to garnish
- 2 cups of steamed rice, to serve
How to De-vein Prawns
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add red curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
2. Add coconut cream, chicken stock and pumpkin.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the pumpkin is almost tender. Add prawns and simmer for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until they begin to change colour.
4. Add cabbage and simmer for a further minute, taking it off the heat while the cabbage is still crisp and bright green.
5. Stir through coriander. Add a splash of lime juice and and sliced red chilli. Serve with steamed rice.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Bronwyn Brown. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.
By The Food Magazine