Spiced Lamb with Feta & Bean Purée
- lamb mince
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 slices 2cm thick white bread soaked in a little milk and mashed
- milk, to soak bread in
- salt to season
- pepper to season
- 2 cans butter beans, drained
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for frying
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- juice and finely chopped zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 6 turkish buns or 6 pita bread, warmed when needed
- a handful of baby cos leaves
- 3 tomatoes, cored and sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 200 g feta, crumbled
1. Put the mince, cinnamon, cumin, garlic and the soaked bread into a bowl and mix well. Season well and form into 6 patties. Set aside.
2. Put the butter beans, olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice and zest and parsley into a food processor and process until smooth. Taste & season.
3. Heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Spread plenty of the bean purée on the inside of each warmed Turkish or pita bread, stuff with a patty, cos leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, feta & serve.