Quick Chickpea, Chorizo & Red Capsicum Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 200 g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400 g can crushed or chopped tomatoes (sieved)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- Crusty bread to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan or casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and red capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
Add the chorizo and garlic and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Add the oregano, chickpeas, tomatoes and chicken stock. Season to taste then simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced and thickened. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with warm crusty bread.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Browyn Byrne. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.