- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 12 button mushrooms
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 400g can Select diced tomatoes
- 1 400g can butter beans, drained
- 1/4 cup lite sour cream
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- salt a to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a heavy based pan, heat 1 Tbsp of oil and brown the chicken on both sides. Set aside.
Add the rest of the oil and fry the onion, bacon, garlic and green capsicum until soft and lightly brown. Add the paprika, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the button mushrooms, rosemary, tomatoes and butter beans.
Return the chicken to the pan. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Stir in the sour cream, sprinkle on the cheese, and return uncovered for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Searing meat caramelises its natural sugars, adds colour and helps the chicken to hold its shape during cooking.