Grilled Pork Chops with Apples & Prunes
- 175 g pitted prunes
- orange zest
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 4 pork chops or cutlets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Granny smith apple, cored and cut into thin slices
- green salad to serve
- boiled baby potatoes to serve
1. In a bowl, soak the prunes in the orange zest and juice.
2. Season the pork with a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
3. Cook the pork chops on the barbecue, or under a pre-heated grill, until they are golden brown and cooked to your liking.
4. Cover the pork with tin foil to keep them warm.
5. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the sliced apple. Cook for several minutes, turn the apple and add the prunes and any juice. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve immediately with a simple green salad and boiled baby potatoes.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Bernadette Hogg. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.
By Food Magazine