- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Mexican seasoning
- 400 g can tomato purée
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4-8 corn or flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken and brown over a medium heat. Remove the chicken and set aside.
2. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum to the pan and cook over medium heat until the onion is soft.
3. Add the Mexican seasoning and cook for a further minute. Add tomato purée and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil. Season to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Place half of the tomato mixture into a bowl and set aside. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked.
5. Brush the reserved tomato mixture onto each tortilla and place some of the chicken mixture on one end. Roll up and place in a lightly greased ovenproof dish.
6. Brush any remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden and the enchiladas are heated through.
Courtesy of Food Magazine. Recipe by Browyn Byrne. Photography by Shaun Cato-Symonds.
By Food Magazine