- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 6 skinned boned chicken thighs, sliced 2cm across the grain of the meat
- 1 jar Select butter chicken simmer sauce
- 2 kumara, peeled, cut into 3 cm chunks
- 100 g green beans
- 270 ml coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra for serving
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- sliced cucumber for serving
- freshly cooked poppadoms for serving
- steamed rice for serving
1. Heat the oil over moderate heat, add the onion, ginger, chilli and chicken and fry gently for 10 minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Add the butter chicken sauce, 250mls water and kumara, mix well, bring to the boil and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the kumara is tender.
3. Add beans, coconut cream and coriander, simmer 4 minutes. Taste and season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
4. Serve on rice, sprinkled with cashews, extra coriander, cucumber and poppadoms on the side.