BBQ Steak Marinades
- Beer Marinade:
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Homebrand tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Worchester sauce
- 1 Tbsp mustard (as mild or as hot as you like)
- ½ cup beer
- 1 cup Select Beef Stock
- Chimichurri Marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh red chili
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine the ingredients and add the steak. Ideally marinate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry.
2. Make a sauce for the steak by straining the marinade through a fine sieve into a small saucepan. Add 1 cup beef stock. Bring to the boil, and then simmer until it has reduced by half.
1. Blitz the garlic and fresh chilli in a food processor to finely chop. Add the oregano, chilli flakes, parsley and coriander. Blitz to finely chop.
2. Remove from the food processor and add the vinegar and oil.
3. Use half to marinate the steak and use the remaining to serve as a sauce