Crumbed Macro Free Range Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 8 Macro Free Range Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest
- 2 cups Macro Gluten Free Rice Flour
- 2-3 Eggs, lighly whisked with milk
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3-4 Tbsp Oil
1. Cut any visible fat off the chicken and slice in half lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic, herbs, lemon and orange zest and place in a bowl.
3. Pour flour in a plastic bag and add the chicken pieces. Holding the bag closed, shake the bag to get an even coating of flour over the pieces. Remove the chicken pieces shaking them inside the bag to remove excess flour.
4. Dip the pieces in the egg wash, one at a time and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Repeat this process until all the chicken is coated and then refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
6. Heat oil in pan to a medium-high heat (but not to a smoking heat) and fry the chicken pieces, a few at a time until they are cooked and the crumb coating is golden in colour. Add additional oil if required as you cook if needed.
Serve with fresh seasonal salad, potato or kumara wedges for a great summer meal.