Cucumber Cream Canapés
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 200g tub cream cheese, softened for spreading
- 10 fresh, fine-textured gluten free bread slices
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Smoked salmon to garnish
1. Cut cucumber into 20 slices, about 5mm thick. Set aside.
2. Using a small 30mm cookie cutter, cut rounds from the bread and then spread cream cheese on the bread slices. Put chopped parsley in a small dish.
3. Press the edges of the bread shapes into the parsley to form a decorative border.
4. Using the cookie cutter cut each cucumber slice to the same size as the breads.
5. Top breads with the cucumber rounds and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve either chilled or at room temperature and garnish with rolls of smoked salmon if desired.