Lamb shoulder chops with minted new season potatoes and a Greek salad.
- 12 lamb shoulder chops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 2 lemons
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 Tbsp parsley, sliced
- 500g potatoes, washed
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 head lettuce, ripped into pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- ¾ cup feta, crumbled
- ¾ cup kalamata olives, deseeded
How to Speed up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the chops into a large baking dish and top with the oil. Slice the garlic bulb in half through the centre and crumble over the chops. Season with chilli, salt and pepper.
3. Zest the 2 lemons over the top, then slice and squeeze the lemons over the lamb. Place the rosemary over the top and give it all a good mix. Place in the oven and cook for at least 1 hour (depending on the size of the chop). When cooked to your liking, remove and let rest for a few minutes.
4. For the potato: Cook potatoes in boiling water until just cooked through. Drain and add the butter, season then combine with the dill. Serve hot.
5. For the Greek salad: combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, capsicum, feta and olives in a bowl.
Make the dressing by whisking together 6 Tbsp olive oils, 1.5 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 tsp crushed garlic, 1 tsp dried oregano and drizzle over salad.
6. Sprinkle lamb with fresh parsley and serve with new potatoes and greek salad.