Masala Spatchcock Chicken with Potato Salad & Cucumber Dressing
- 1 Macro Free Range whole chicken – spatchcock
- 125g Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Ground garam masala
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- ½ Telegraph cucumber, grated
- 6 Large skinless potatoes, boiled, cooled & diced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 250ml Unsweetened yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped (and extra to garnish)
- 1 Spring onion, chopped thinly
- 1/2 Clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp Fresh ginger, grated
How to Clean your BBQ
For the chicken:
1. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonally through the flesh on the legs and breast of the chicken.
2. To make marinade mix together greek yoghurt, garam masala, paprika, garlic, chilli, 1Tbsp ginger and lemon juice.
3. Place the chicken in a large plastic resealable bag, and pour over the marinade. Ensure the chicken is completely covered - really rub it in on both sides.
4. Place chicken in the fridge & allow to marinate for at least 1 hour (ideally overnight), to let the flavours infuse the chicken.
5. Preheat BBQ or grill to 180°C.
6. Remove chicken from plastic bag & place directly on BBQ or grill rack and cook skin side up for 20 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 15 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
7. Allow the chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
For the potato salad:
1. Using your hands, squeeze out as much water from the grated cucumber as possible.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cucumber, cumin seeds, unsweetened yoghurt, coriander, spring onion, garlic, 1/4 tsp ginger. Add the potatoes and toss through to mix.
3. Taste and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.