BBQ Sausage Buns with Balsamic Onions and Rocket
- 6 sausages, sliced in half horizontally then cut in half again
- 3 red onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cup rocket, dressed in a little olive oil and seasoned
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 12 soft buns or dinner rolls, sliced through the top in the centre
How to Clean your BBQ
1. Cook the sausages on the BBQ until cooked through.
2. Heat a saucepan on a low heat and add the onions. Cook gently and slowly until softened. This takes around 10 minutes. Add the balsamic and season with pepper to taste. When the balsamic has reduced, check seasoning and remove from heat. Set aside.
3. Place a small handful of rocket into a bun then top with a couple of sausage slices and onions.