Two Ways with Corn
- 4 corn cobs, husks removed and boiled for 2 minutes in salted water
- 1 Tbsp jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp coriander, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter at room temperature
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to serve
How to Freeze Leftover Herbs
Spicy Jalapeño Buttered Corn
1. Preheat the BBQ. In a bowl combine the jalapeños, shallot, coriander and butter. Season and set aside.
2. Place the corn on the hot grill to create grill marks. Baste with a little butter. When evenly marked remove and place a spoonful of the jalapeño butter on top and serve sprinkled in parsley.
Garlic Herb Butter
2 Tbsp butter at room temperature
2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely sliced
1 Tbsp parsley
Zest of half a lemon
Salt and paper to taste
1.Combine all ingredients into a bowl. You can mix by hand to ensure everything is evenly combined.
2.Roll in cling film to form a cylinder. Place into freezer for a few minutes. Slice, remove the cling film and place on top of blanched, barbecued corn.