BBQ Chilli and Lime Prawns with Hokkien Noodle Salad
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp flavourless oil e.g. sunflower or rice bran
- 2 red chillies, chopped finely, plus 1 extra chilli finely chopped for salsa
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated
- Zest and juice of 2 limes, plus juice of 1 lime for salsa
- 24 whole banana prawns, tails removed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 ripe peaches, diced
- 2 Tbsp coriander, roughly chopped, plus 1/2 cup for the salad
- 400 g hokkien noodles or similar
- 1 cup salad greens
- 2 spring onions, sliced finely
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ red pepper, sliced thinly
1. In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, oil, 2 chillis, ginger, zest and juice of 2 limes. Divide the mixture reserving half for the dressing.
2. In a large bowl place the prawns and remaining marinade mixture, stirring well and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. In another small bowl combine salsa ingredients - avocado, peaches, 1/2 cup coriander leaves, juice of 1 lime. Stir gently to combine, and set aside.
4. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions. Refresh under cold water. Add the salad greens, coriander, spring onions, cucumber and pepper. Add the dressing.
5. Heat the BBQ to a medium/high heat. Add the oil. Cook the prawns for 1 or 2 minutes on each side, until slightly charred.
6. Serve with the hokkien noodle salad, with salsa on the side.