Paprika and Fennel Rubbed Pork Steaks with Apple Slaw
- 4 pork rump steaks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup red cabbage or 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 1 apple (red or green), sliced into matchsticks
- 2 sticks celery, sliced thinly
- 1 chilli, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely sliced
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. To make the rub: Pound paprika, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper using a mortar and pestle. Rub into pork steaks and leave to infuse for at least an hour.
2. For the pork: Drizzle over olive oil, rub into steak then place onto a hot BBQ. Cook until nicely golden about 4 minutes, depending on size of steak, turn and repeat until cooked through.
3. For the apple slaw: Place the cabbage (or fennel), apple, celery, chili, parley into a bowl. Squeeze over the lemon juice and season. Add the mayonnaise and combine.
4. Serve the cooked pork steaks with apple slaw on the side.