Sausages with Herb Crumb and Tomato Relish
- 8 pork or beef sausages, skin removed
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh herbs (i.e. parsley, basil and thyme), finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil, plus 1 Tbsp extra
- 400 g can Homebrand diced tomatoes, juice strained
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove clove garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup Homebrand brown sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
1. In a medium sized bowl combine the breadcrumbs and herbs.
2. Slightly flatten the sausages, and roll in the crumb mixture until well coated. Refrigerate on baking paper until ready to cook.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil on a BBQ to a medium heat. Cook the sausages for 5 minutes on each side keeping an eye on them to make sure they do not over brown.
4. To make the relish: heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a small saucepan on medium heat and soften the onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, curry powder, salt, brown sugar and vinegar.
5. Cook on a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes until thickened. Serve either warm or cold.
6. Serve sausages with tomato relish, a salad and some crusty bread.