Seafood Pasta Salad
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus 2/3 cup for the dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g fresh marinara mix, well drained
- 300g pasta spirals
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ yellow capsicum, diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 Tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp horseradish cream
- pinch of salt
- pinch each of white pepper
How to Cook Perfect Pasta
1. In a large frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil and toss in 1 clove of crushed garlic. Allow the garlic to infuse the oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add in the marinara mix and cook in the garlic oil for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
3. Cook pasta as per packet instructions and drain well. Refresh your pasta with some cold water, drain again ensuring all the water has been removed.
4. When cool, toss into a large bowl and mix with the cooked marinara mix.
5. To make the vinaigrette: place lemon juice, 1 clove of crushed garlic, horseradish cream, pepper and salt in a bowl. Whisk in the first few drops of oil then pour the remainder of the oil in a steady stream and whisk until thick and emulsified. Store in the fridge until you are ready to dress the salad.
6. Pour half the vinaigrette over the marinara mix and toss through.
7. When ready to serve, pour over the remainder of the dressing.