Spicy Coconut Scallops with New Potatoes
- 75g mild Pepperdew peppers, drained
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 100g green beans
- 10g butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 scallops
- 300 g potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 150ml coconut cream
How to Chop Herbs
1. To make the spicy paste - combine pepper dew, garlic, herbs, spring onion, ginger, lemon juice, sesame oil and whizz to a smooth paste using a food processor or hand blender.
2. Top and tail your beans and blanch them in a saucepan with an inch of boiling water for about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
3. Place olive oil and butter into a frying pan heated to medium heat. When the butter is bubbling cook your scallops in batches for 3 minutes each side – perfect scallops are caramelised on the outside but just cooked on the inside. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl somewhere warm.
4. In the same pan, add a little more oil over a medium heat, and pan fry potatoes for 3 to 5 mins on all sides. Then add the beans for a further 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then remove from the pan and pop in the bowl with the scallops.
5. Turn the heat down and add the paste to the same warm oil and cook for 3 – 5 minutes. Pour in the coconut cream and mix. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Place your beans, potatoes and scallops in the sauce and toss gently.