Spicy Corn Fritters with Crispy Bacon and BBQ Tomatoes
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 chargrilled corn cob, sliced from cob or 350g creamed corn
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- butter or oil for frying
- 6 tomatoes, sliced in half horizontally
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves removed from stalk
- 4 rashers of bacon
- extra butter or oil for frying
- 1 ciabatta, sliced and chargrilled on BBQ
- chopped fresh parsley to serve
- salt to serve
- black pepper to serve
1. Place flour into a bowl and make a small well in the centre. Drop the egg into the flour and gently mix.
2. Add the corn, chilli, parsley, and spring onion, combine gently.
3. Heat BBQ to medium heat. When hot add a little oil or butter, then place a spoonful of the corn mix onto the hot plate. Cook until golden, for around 3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4. Meanwhile place the tomatoes into a bowl and drizzle with oil. Season and sprinkle over the thyme. Place onto a hot grill and cook until the tomatoes start to lose their shape. Remove to rest. Cook the bacon until crispy.
5. To serve, place a couple of fritters on a plate, top with tomato and bacon and serve with ciabatta. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.