Watermelon & Rockmelon Salad
- 1/2 - 3/4 medium sized watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 rockmelon, seeds removed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander or mint, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 sliced of feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 mint leaves for garnish
- 10 slices prosciutto, optional
1. Cut the flesh of the watermelon and rockmelon into bite-sized pieces and discard any seeds. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk until salt is dissolved. Whisk in the olive oil, a few drops at a time. Add in the chopped mint (or coriander if preferred).
3. In a large bowl, combine melons, spring onion and crumbled feta.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint springs and serve immediately with prosciutto if using.