Chocolate Melting Moments
- 220g butter
- 180g Homebrand icing sugar
- 170g Homebrand flour
- 3 tbsp Homebrand cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 60g Homebrand cornflour
To make the biscuits
1. Heat the oven 160°C. Cream the 200g butter and 80g icing sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Sift the flour, 2 tbsp cocoa, baking powder and cornflour into the butter and mix until it just comes together.
3. Roll the mix into walnut sized balls and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Cook for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and cool before icing.
To make the icing
5. Put the 1 tbsp cocoa and 100g icing sugar in a bowl and set aside.
6. Heat the 20g butter and 1 tbsp hot water in a small bowl in a microwave for 20 seconds or until the hot water just comes to the boil.
7. Pour into the cocoa and stir until all the lumps have dissolved.
8. Take a teaspoonful of the icing and dollop into the middle of one biscuit. Press on the other biscuit and set aside to set.
Once the biscuits have cooled pair them up with similar sized biscuits & set in rows, before icing. Once you have put a spoonful of icing between 2 biscuits, gently rotate the top biscuit. This will help to spread the filling towards the edges.