Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1 bunch baby carrots with stems
- 8 baby beetroot (or 2 large beetroot, cut into small chunks)
- 1 parsnip
- 2 red onions
- 3 courgettes
- 1 yellow capsicum
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 sage leaves
- leaves from a 10cm rosemary sprig
- 2 sprigs thyme
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Use Leftover Roast Vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Slice the tops off the garlic bulbs so that the flesh is exposed.
2. Trim the carrot and beetroot and chop the parsnips into lengths similar to the carrots.
3. Quarter the onions and slice the courgettes into thick chunks. Quarter the capsicum and remove the seeds and white membrane. Place the veges in a roasting pan and toss through the oil and herbs.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Halve each bulb of garlic lengthways and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Serve the vegetables with roasted meat or set them aside to cool to room temperature and serve with crusty bread and a dollop of aioli.