Smoked Salmon and penne salad
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 400 g Select penne
- 250 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 5 cm lengths
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 200 g smoked salmon portions
How to Zest, Peel and Segment Citrus
In a large bowl mix together the grated zest and juice of the lemon, olive oil, and mustard. Season well with salt and pepper.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until just al dente, drain and put into the bowl with the dressing and toss well to combine and set aside to cool.
Cook the green beans in boiling salted water for 3 – 4 minutes or until tender. Drain then refresh in cold water. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels. Add to the pasta along with the olives, coriander and spring onions. Toss well, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary then break the salmon into large chunks and stir gently to combine.
Smart Tip: Dressing the pasta while it is still warm allows the flavours of the dressing to permeate the pasta giving a fuller flavour to the finished salad.